Our #1 Slugger!!

This boy...ball has always been his "thing". He takes to it like he was born for it. Tball is his first organized sport and although he is the smallest (hence his jersey number), he definitely holds his own! Hits the first pitch, knows the rules, and can throw the ball way more accurate than I can. Here are a "few" of the pictures from his first game (and a fun photo shoot with mom).
     Can I just say, he's the cutest 4 year old in the world?











These two...they always want what the other has...in good ways and bad ways, but they are slowly learning that they can be happy for the other, cheer them on, root for their best friend, and care for the other without asking for anything in return. I love their love...even in the midst of the hard days.

FIRST HIT! (on his first pitch I might add! They get 2 pitches from the coach, then 3 tries off the tee...who needs a tee?!)

He kept saying before the game (because we talked about the possibility of getting out), "I hope I don't get out" and "I hope it doesn't sprinkle". Well...both of those happened. He didn't run fast enough to make it to 1st base, but the smile on his face coming back to the bench was absolutely PRICELESS. He was happy just to be playing...which is one of my favorite qualities he possesses. 

I knew this was coming..."Mommy, I need to go potty!" I think he may have to go at least once a game, even though I take him RIGHT before and give him small sips of his drink! That boy...I'll never forget our potty breaks!


The ball comes right to him...

Perfect catch!


Thrown to first base!

And a wave to the crowd, his biggest fans!




Big yawn...I told ya so...No nap today for the slugger...I told him he wouldn't be tired at his game if he took a nap today! He saw this picture and said, "I was just a little bit tired. A really tiny bit." 


Outfield boredom strategies: I can see through my glove...hmm...wonder if I can see through my hat too!

Second time up to bat!

Nails it!

Running hard!


This time he gets to first! Another wave to the crowd!

Second base! 

Can't stop waving! So happy to be out there!


Actually saying to the 3rd base coach: 
"I can run faster than my dad!" 

^^^one of my favorite pictures of the night^^^

Ready to run home!!

HE MADE IT! FIRST RUN OF THE SEASON!

Okay, so I realize I'm a pretty proud momma...and I take a lot of pictures (235 for one first game...whoa there), but this game is what he's been gearing up for, for 4 years! I am so proud of him, getting out and having a good attitude, getting dust in his eye and being brave to keep playing, running and smiling and loving the game, being brave when the storm blew in and cut the game short (although he didn't know it was cut short), and the waves to us...oh the waves...I will miss them when he is old and too cool to wave to mom, or tell his teammate, That's my mom!, the way he does. He is such a sweetheart and I am proud to be his mom and take way more pictures than socially acceptable. 

Thank you, Lord for blessing me beyond measure with two boys that already have soft hearts that love to hear about you and love the life you've given them. You love to watch us play and learn and grow. Thank you for chances to do that in this short life we live. Thank you for healthy bodies and family to love on us. Thank you for a husband that longs to be in their lives, to be at each game, to be in the small moments, hearing them laugh, reading them books, singing them songs, playing until the sun goes down, teaching them to be men of Your heart. I am richly, richly blessed by Your Hand. Thank you thank you thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts